Fire Marshal Codes
2023 Florida RV SuperShow
FIRE REGULATIONS AND CODES
STATE OF FLORIDA FIRE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT:
1. Units requiring fuel have only a sufficient quantity to permit the placement and removal of the unit to and from the Florida State Fairgrounds.
2. ALL FUEL TANKS SHOULD be TAPED and SEALED.
3. All inside EXHIBITS only: ALL BATTERY CABLES must be DISCONNECTED and TAPED.
4. All lines on BOTTLE FUEL TANKS SHOULD be OPENED, EMPTY, and DISCONNECTED.
5. All draping or display materials of cloth or paper texture, leaves, etc., must be fire proofed.
6. Absolutely no storage of any kind will be permitted in or behind an exhibitor’s booth.
7. Absolutely NO CUT TREES will be permitted.
Each exhibitor is responsible for observing the above Regulations within their space – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have questions or concerns, check with Show Management or your Floor Manager.
The following are the State of Florida uniform fire safety requirements and shall be applied at all shows, trade, commercial or otherwise and shall apply whether the exhibit is open or closed to the public.
The State of Florida Fire Prevention Bureau must approve the following activities in advance:
1. The display and operation of any heater, barbecue, heat-producing device, open flame, candles, lamps, lanterns, torches, etc.
2. The display or operation of any electrical, mechanical, or chemical device, which may be deemed hazardous by the Florida Fire Prevention Bureau.
3. The use of, or storage of flammable liquids, compressed gases or dangerous chemicals.
4. Any auto, truck, motorcycle, or other motorized vehicles displayed shall have their batteries removed (or battery cables removed) and their fuel supplies reduced to not more than one-fourth (1/4) tank full. All motor vehicles’ tanks containing fuel, or which have ever contained fuel, shall be furnished with locking type caps or sealed with tape to prohibit “viewers” inspection.
5. No parking of any vehicles, unless approved, is allowed in the building. Cars and trucks shall be removed immediately after unloading.
1. Aisles and exits, as designed on approved show plans, shall be kept clean, clear and free of obstructions. Booth construction shall be substantial and fixed in position in a specified area for the duration of the show. Easels, signs, etc., shall not be placed beyond booth into aisles. All display aisles must be maintained at no less than 6’ of unobstructed passage to include but not be limited to stairs, awnings, slide-outs, etc.
2. Exit identification and designation of the way thereto, shall be provided and maintained at all times.
FIRE EXTINGUISHING AND ALARM EQUIPMENT
1. Approved fire extinguishing equipment is located throughout the building. Additional approved type fire extinguishers may be required on orders of the State of Florida Fire Bureau Inspector. Accordingly, the extinguishing equipment shall remain free of any obstructions and shall be plainly visible at all times.
2. The Show Manager shall advise all exhibitors of the building’s fire alarm system, locations of stanchions, standpipes, and fire response.
1. Electrical and gas installation shall be made in accordance with applicable National Fire Protection Association’s standards.
FLAME RETARDANT TREATMENT
1. All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, acoustical materials, mulch, hay, straw, moss, split bamboo, plastic cloth and similar decorative materials shall be flame-retardant to the satisfaction of the State of Florida Fire Prevention Bureau. Canvas, cloth, cardboard, leaves, cut trees or similar combustible material shall not be used. Accordingly, oilcloth, tarpaper, sisal paper and certain other plastic materials cannot be made flame retardant and their use is prohibited.
2. All tents or tent like structures must be fire resistant and have certification of such on-site and available for inspection at all times.
1. Literature on display shall be limited to reasonable quantities. Reserve supplies shall be kept in closed containers and stored in a neat and compact manner.
2. Show Management shall assume responsibility for daily adequate janitorial and rubbish pick-up service and shall advise all exhibitors that booths shall be cleaned of combustible rubbish daily.