Catching Up on The RV Essentials
Stuck at home yet longing for a little RV time? Take advantage of the opportunity to get caught up on your RV essentials so that you are ready to hit the road at a moment’s notice.
Catching Up on The RV Essentials:
Here is my list of RV essentials that I do regularly when I am stuck at home and dreaming of RVing. Prepping the RV for the next big adventure feels great and keeps me geared up and ready to roll!
Health and Safety Items:
- Check the expiration date of fire extinguishers.
- Throw out any expired medicines and make a restock list of your essentials.
- Review your First Aid kit and make sure that it is appropriately stocked.
- Grab your partner and do headlight and turn signal check. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
- Check the air pressure in your tires and add more if needed.
Kitchen and bath:
- Remove any expired foods.
- Refill soap dispensers.
- Review cleaning products and remove any items that you have not used on your trips.
- Restock with any new items that you wished you had on your last few trips. I keep a list in my phone notes so that I can add to it when I think about it.
- Add or replace nonslip shelf liner if needed.
- Go through your cabinets and pull out any items that you haven’t used in your past couple of trips. Think minimalism here – if you don’t use it or love it, get rid of it!
- Remove all of the items from your underbelly storage. You wouldn’t believe what gets stashed and forgotten about!
- Do any minor repairs such as tightening loose screws, repairing screen tears.
- Replace any interior bulbs that have burnt out.
- Apply slide-out lubricant to ensure smooth operation.
- Clean, clean, clean! Now is the time to detail every nook and cranny of the interior and if you are up to it, a thorough wash and wax of the exterior!