Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a delightful appetizer or a hearty meal when paired with crusty sourdough bread and a glass of white wine. Traditionally butternut squash soup is rather time intensive and requires more kitchen tools than most RVers carry. We simplify the recipe by buying a butternut squash soup stock and adding in our own spices and toppings.
- 32-oz box of butternut squash soup
- 1 1/2 Tbs of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 small boxes of golden raisins
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 small apple shaved into thin slices (can use the large holes on a cheese grater to make this easier)
Add the curry powder, cinnamon, ginger and cumin to the butternut squash soup and heat. Dip out the portions into serving bowls then top with a few raisins, and the apple shavings. The flavors of this dish pair very well with a crisp white wine and a loaf of hot crusty sourdough bread.
If the day is too hot for soup, try it chilled instead!
Pull up a campstool and enjoy!