Pesto Pasta Salad
This Pesto Pasta Salad is light, filling and fresh. Bursting with fresh, bold flavors, it is the perfect lunch for a hot Florida day at the park or campsite. Prepare the ingredients ahead or purchase store-bought options for a quick meal on the run!
- 1 lb of bow-tie pasta
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- mixed salad greens or arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Kalamata olives (optional)
- Homemade or store-bought pesto:
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water before draining. Drain, rinse under cool water.
- Process the pesto ingredients in a food processor if making fresh.
- Toss the pasta in the pesto until evenly coated.
- To assemble the salad, place the greens on a plate, top with the pesto-tossed pasta, sprinkle the cherry tomatoes and optional olives on top.