In our house, guacamole and chips aren’t just a condiment, they are a complete meal that we indulge in quite often. In fact, we eat it so much that we had to start experimenting with new recipes to mix it up a little. The addition of extra sweetness in this Pineapple Guacamole perfectly balances a spicier blend and is a great twist on a classic favorite.
Ingredients for Pineapple Guacamole:
- 4 ripe avocados (they should give slightly when squeezed but not feel mushy)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper seeds removed and minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Your favorite corn chips
Slice the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Add the lime juice then mash with a fork. Stir in the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper until well-blended. Toss in the remaining ingredients. Serve the Pineapple Guacamole with your favorite chips and enjoy!