Savory Yogurt Bowl
Even though yogurt is typically viewed as a sweet breakfast or snack option here in the US, a Savory Yogurt Bowl takes it way beyond fruit and granola. Liberally seasoned and topped with a variety of vegetables, beans and bread, a Savory Yogurt Bowl packs a whole lot of probiotic goodness into your lunch hour. The best part is that it is easy to make on the road or campsite so it is a perfect meal when RVing.
Savory Yogurt Bowl Ingredients:
- Plain greek yogurt (substitute with plan vegan yogurt depending on your diet)
- Dry seasoned chickpeas
- Cucumbers cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Red Peppers cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Tomatoes cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Olives – your favorite variety
- a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Warm pita bread
Savory Yogurt Bowl Directions:
It can’t get much easier than this. Layer the bottom of a large shallow bowl with the yogurt. Add the vegetables and seasoned chickpeas cobb-salad style around the bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. If you can’t find seasoned chickpeas, sprinkle a little cumin and paprika over the vegetables to spice it up a bit. Serve with warm pita bread.