If you enjoy this traditional pizza combo, you will love Spaghetti Margherita even more. It combines the classic flavors of Italy in a quick and easy to make dinner. It isn’t quite a one-pot meal but can easily be made on an RV stove.
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of pressed or smashed fresh garlic
- 15 chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 c fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 c fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Spaghetti Margherita Directions:
Cook the pasta. While it is boiling, saute the garlic in a large skillet over low heat for about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over low. Strain the spaghetti then add to the skillet. Add the basil and cook for 2 more minutes. Pour into a serving bowl and toss in the fresh mozzarella and garnish with the fresh grated Parmesan or Romano and a few more sprigs of basil.