A Tent Camper and Stars
As a child, a weekend camping was an amazing experience that gave me an opportunity to experience nature in a way that wasn’t possible in the suburbs. I still remember the thrill of driving to a campground with exotic names like Grizzly Creek and Angel Island, my mind filled with the mystery and allure of the unknown. It was hard to sit still and I am sure that I asked “when will we get there?” way too many times as an excited child is prone to do.
Arriving at a new state park was always thrilling. Pulling in through the gate and seeing the wonderland that was to be our home-away-from-home for a few days, I couldn’t wait to get out of the car and start exploring. Running the trails, seeing the wildlife, and finding the hidden streams and lakes of the park made me feel like a famous explorer uncovering unknown and foreign lands for the first time.
According to experts, camping relieves stress…
While my imagination was running as fast as my feet, my parents had another kind of workout happening as they prepared camp. For those of you who haven’t tent camped before, it is A LOT of work. It starts with a detailed list of literally everything everyone in the family may possibly need for the weekend adventure. Packing the car can take days and unpacking it is, for the most part, on hold until the holy grail of camping has occurred – setting up the tent. Tent camping isn’t as easy as plugging in the RV and pulling out the lawn chairs. This is a detailed couples dance of who-does-what that can end in catastrophe if not handled with the utmost diplomacy. The rules of engagement are clear – do not question a man’s ability to set up a tent. Everything is on hold until this miracle of engineering occurs. Thankfully instructions are included but men are born with the ability to build and install literally anything without them so these are only referenced by those attempting to distract him from his mission of providing a safe haven for his family for the night. After a successful erection, its time to unpack the car into the tent and get settled into camp. This process seemed to take forever, and undoubtedly, the kids would be ready to eat before the parents were ready.
“There is a way to do it better – find it.” – Thomas Edison
RVing gives you the ability to enjoy camping without the additional work and stress of packing and unpacking for every trip. Pack up the camper once and you are ready to roll at a moment’s notice. Pull into the campground, plugin, and get started having fun!
For some people, however, the cost of a motorhome or travel trailer is prohibitive. If so, a tent camper, or pop-up, is the perfect option to upgrade your camping style without breaking the bank. Others may really enjoy tent camping but just want a better way to do it – tent campers are the perfect solution!
Benefits of a Tent Camper
- Economical – popups are an easy-on-your-wallet option. And the savings don’t stop after purchase! Maintenance, gas to pull, and insurance are all less expensive with a pop-up!
- Lightweight – almost any vehicle can pull a pop-up so you don’t have to worry about upgrading your tow vehicle. Another savings!
- Easy to Park – along with lightweight, tent campers are easy to maneuver and park when you arrive at your destination.
- Easy – setting up a pop-up is much easier than constructing a tent and you can store all your camping gear in it. Just pop the top and you are ready to camp!
- Airflow – unzip the canvas all the way around the tent camper and feel the outdoor breeze blowing through.
- Tons of Sleeping Space – most of the interior can be made into beds so it easily sleeps a whole family.
- Experience Nature – at night, you can watch the stars from your bed! Tent Campers and stars just seem to go together!